Sunday, May 12, 2013

Laughter: My Mother's Gift to Me

My mother is amazing.  One of the qualities that I love the most about her is that she is a happy person who is always making other people laugh.  She loves to laugh and I love to laugh with her.

Last year, for mother's day, while everyone was putting up pictures of their mothers, I put up a picture of me, that I knew my mother would enjoy.

That's a picture of me when my sister and I thought that you could replace dishwasher liquid with dish soap.  You can not.
My mom was so happy when she got home and saw that we not only had washed the dishes like she had asked, but we had also mopped the floor.  Yes....we are such good children.

This year, I thought that I would share the gift of laughter with the rest of you by telling you a story that is a little TMI, but will hopefully make you laugh.

The day before my husband and I were to leave for Texas for Christmas 2011, I was really sick.  You know, the barfing and...bathroom issues kind of sick.  I was scared that I wasn't going to be able to get on a plane the next day to go to my parents' house for Christmas without...for lack of a better term...pooping myself, since that was currently an issue and concern.

But the next day I was feeling better and a little more....solid.  We got on the plane and were picked up at the airport by my parents.  On the car ride to my parents, my dad commented that I didn't look to well.  I told my parents about the day before and the most embarrassing and awful parts of the day before.  They were both disgusted but sympathetic.

Later that day, my youngest brother came home with his girlfriend and introduced me.  I told her not to get too close to me because I had been sick and I didn't want to get her sick.  She asked politely about it and I told her, "Yesterday I was feeling so sick that I didn't think that I would be able to make it on the plane."

In the middle of that sentence my mom came in the room and exclaimed, "Are you going to tell EVERYONE that you pooped yourself in the shower?!?!"

No...................no, I wasn't.

But now I have.

Thank you Mom....for always helping me see the funny, even in life's most embarrassing moments.   I love you and I know that I'm the happy person that I am today because of you....and probably a little too forward with the personal information because of you.  

P.S.  Be glad that I don't have a picture for that moment of my life.

1 comment: