Friday, March 1, 2013

Planking and Tape

Working closely with children has taught me some interesting things.  The first thing is that...sometimes, kids are like drunk people....seriously.  It is actually because of how much their brains have developed so far and the way the process information and just function cognitively in general.

There is a reason why drunk people and children don't drive.

Anyway, like this little girl.  She just pulled up some big blocks in a corner and laid down.  Notice that she isn't relaxing.  No....she is straight up planking.  She has no idea why and neither do I.
Untitled

The second thing that I want to note about children is that they are easily amused.  Sometimes I feel like parents try really hard to give their kids the "best" toys and they miss out on the more creative option.

My sister and I liked to play with yarn and make giant webs.  What do these kids like to play with?

Untitled

Colored masking tape.  They love it.  They go CRAZY for colored masking tape.  It is easy for them to tear...it is sticky...and they can make a huge mess...that really isn't all that messy.  Perfect toy.
Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment