Tuesday, March 12, 2013

San Diego Trip: Lazy On a Sunday Afternoon

Our second day in California was a Sunday and so we knew that we weren't going to be doing anything too crazy.  But we also knew that we should head to church. Imagine...a Sunday not teaching Primary or even being in the Primary room.

I have a friend, Janae, from way back when I lived in Louisiana, who lives in San Diego.  A year ago, she came to Ogden with her husband, Bob, and I had the opportunity to take some maternity photos of her.  They said that if Aaron and I were ever in San Diego, we should stop by and see them.

So we decided that that would be an awesome Sunday.  They have a great warm and welcoming ward.  We  got to play with their son during the meeting.  Which was both fun...and frustrating.  Frustrating because I want my baby out of me so that I can play with him!  I'm very impatient.  But mostly playing with this kid was fun.  It got Aaron really excited to have a little boy joining our family soon.

After church, we got to follow these three home and continue the awesome hang out.  It was so good to visit with them and reconnect.  They are an amazing couple and the best people to talk to (and Janae is an amazing cook which made lunch and dinner the BEST thing ever).

In the afternoon, Janae took maternity photos of me, which was funny because it really showed how life can change in a year.

Something that I should note about Janae, basically she is good at everything.  Anything that she touches seems to turn to gold.  I love that she wanted to learn how to be a photographer and so she just went off and learned how to be a photographer.  When she wanted to learn to make jewelry, she just went off and taught herself how to make jewelry.  I'm sure that it is the same thing for most things in her life.

The only maternity pictures that I had envisioned for myself during this pregnancy, were taken on a beach.  Which is kind of crazy since I live in Utah at the moment.  I'm BEYOND grateful that I was able to get to a beach and then have a skilled friend willing to take them.

IMG_5159 edited
Photo by Janae

IMG_5181 edited
Photo by Janae

IMG_5229 edited
Photo by Janae

IMG_5235 edited
Photo by Janae

IMG_5241 edited
Photo by Janae
The first set of pictures we took on a big open beach.  The next place we went had a little more character.  Cliffs, rocks, animals, sunset....it was beautiful.

March32013 071
Love this picture of Aaron, Bob, Janae and their son.
Being here made me wish that I hadn't spent so much time away from my beautiful dSLR over the passed months. I hadn't even brought it with us that day.

March32013 068

Janae made me feel like a goddess while we were on the beach and she did an even greater job making me look like one.
IMG_5298 edited
Photo by Janae
I mean look at the area she had to work with and she still made me look like majestic.

March32013 074

After some pictures, we couldn't stop ourselves from doing some animal watching.

March32013 080

We even found a sleeping sea lion trying to take a nap in the cove.
March32013 082

March32013 083

March32013 090

March32013 092

After awhile, a bunch of the sunbathing fauna decided to head back into the ocean.  And so we went back to  pictures of me...less interesting but more pregnant.

March32013 099


I love this one.  It is a classic Katrina smirk.
IMG_5313 edited
Photo by Janae
IMG_5314 edited
Photo by Janae
 We moved up higher on the cliffs for the sunset.
March32013 101

IMG_5384 edited
Photo by Janae
IMG_5400 edited
Photo by Janae
IMG_5469 edited
Photo by Janae
It was a beautiful way to spend our Sunday out in California.  I'm so glad that I have friends that are scattered around so that when Aaron and I get to travel, we also get to visit with great people.  Thank you Janae for the beautiful pictures to remember this special time in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment