Wednesday, March 13, 2013

San Diego Trip: A Day to Relax

On the 4th day of our trip, it was time to relax.  We had spent the day before at the San Diego Zoo and we had expected to feel sore...especially me since I was carrying around an extra 20 pounds of person.

We were actually feeling good in the feet department but I had come down with a cold and it was getting worse so Tuesday sounded like a great day to just relax.

In the morning, we went to a free breakfast that the place we were staying was offering.  It was delicious and I ate A TON!  That was basically all we did that morning.

Unfortunately it was still a little too cold to feel the desire to swim at the pool and hot tubs were off limits to me so the afternoon was spent mostly watching some tv, cuddling, and taking naps.  I love naps.

As it started to get later, we decided to walk around Oceanside and shop.  Aaron had gone on a couple business trips to this area and so he knew it pretty well.

While we were in this store, Aaron grabbed this off of the shelf and put it on me and said, "This one's perfect for you."
March72013 001

To which I replied, "Is it a fox because I'm so hot?  Is it a momma bear because I'm fierce?  Is it a shark because I'm so dangerous?"
And he said, "No.  It's a penguin, because you are starting to waddle."

March72013 003

That boy....always trying to put the moves on me.

After we walked around for awhile, Aaron started getting hungry and wanted to take me to a sushi place that he has gone to with the guys on his business trip.

I love me some good sushi and this place was amazing.  The ambiance was super chic and extremely fancy/romantic....which made it a little weird to imagine Aaron going there with a group of guys.
Untitled

I turned into every person on Instagram and took pictures of my food with my phone.
This dessert was worth remembering though.  It was strawberries in a cinnamon sugar glaze, on top of vanilla bean ice cream that was floating in a pool of melted caramel.

Untitled

That was basically our day.  Not a typical vacation day for us but definitely a needed break.

No comments:

Post a Comment