Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ohio: Rehearsal Dinner

This one will be short since the other ones have been 2 hour labors of love by me.

Friday night was the rehearsal dinner.  Luckily the storm blew over quickly and by the time we left for Dayton from Xenia, beside the wet ground, it was like it never happened.  Oh...and power was still out in a ton of places.  But traffic was better and not scary to drive in....so a vast improvement from before.

The dinner was amazing.  Polish/ German influence.  TONS of sauerkraut that Aaron adored.  I ate turtle soup....my reason, "I've never eaten a turtle before".  The soup was really good but I'm not sure if I could tell you what turtle tasted like since there was so many different yummy things in the soup.

Photo Credit: Penny Mingus
What was really cool was seeing these people.  5 people from high school to sit and talk with the whole night.  Most of these people, I hadn't seen in the last 5 years.  It is crazy to think that it has been that long since I graduated from high school.  I don't think that I thought I would see them again....it is funny how life turns out.

We talked about what we were up to.  Where we were working or where we were going to school.  I got to show off Aaron.  I'm really glad that I married such a winner so I don't have to be embarrassed to bring him in public.

Later that evening, when dessert was served, Dyson and Greyson showed up and I got to meet Charlotte for the first time.  I can't believe that she is almost a year old.  I should have taken more pictures of that night.  Especially of Charlotte...there will never be enough pictures of that adorable baby.

True story: I don't remember this being taken.  I don't know what was put in my Shirley Temple.

A picture of all the ISB kids and their husbands (and baby).

The evening was wonderful.  Reminiscing about high school and what different people are up to.  Some stories I knew....but other stories were new to me.  I was surprised how many people remembered our trip to Russia and how I ate bad caviar and helped Charles try and smuggle artifacts across the border.  Oh....artifact smuggling....I miss my life of international crime.

When everyone parted ways, I stood outside talking with Dyson and her family for awhile and I gave Charlotte some gifts from my mother and I (my brothers would want you to know that they helped tie that blanket).


These are made of fabric that I bought to decorate the church that Dyson got married in.  Her father walked her down the aisle on this fabric and she took her first steps as a married woman on it.  And now her daughter can sleep on it and wear it...part of her parents legacy of love.

I'm so glad that I've kept so many friends from high school and that we get to help each other celebrate our happiest moments.  Jen getting married the next day and Dyson having a beautiful daughter and I know that there are so many more happy moments to come.

1 comment:

  1. Smuggling that bible--- EPIC, well maybe it was more of the whole Charles getting interrogated by those Russians in the dark depths of the airport that was more epic.... But seriously, how are you surprised that people remembered Russia, that whole trip was highly memorable!

    ReplyDelete