Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Our Special Valentine's Day

Aaron and I usually don't do a whole lot for Valentine's Day. It is kind of a tradition. Our first Valentine's Day, we had only been dating each other for about a month and not exclusively. But Aaron asked me on a date for Valentine's Day anyway and I told him that it wasn't allowed to be romantic since we hadn't known each other that long.

He cooked me dinner and we watched Ghost Rider. Kind of romantic but super low maintenance.

Our Valentine's Day since then have been about the same.

But not this one!! For Christmas, Aaron and I made each other presents and a present that I made him was a year of planned dates. Or rather, dates that were mapped out and he just had to follow the recipe.
Valentine's Day said, "Plan a dessert. Find a poem to read. Dress nice. I'll handle dinner."

And so I hurried home from school and work to start on cooking our dinner. I made Chicken and Rice casserole so...super sexy. But I got the kitchen looking nice. Place mats, napkins, and coasters, I got as a wedding present. I let the candles sticks finish up so that I could get new ones to put in.


Aaron got an outfit and went downstairs to change. I got ready upstairs. Doing my hair and make up. Getting on a pretty dress. Finishing my presents for Aaron. When all the candles were lit and dinner was ready, I called Aaron back upstairs. He was dressed all nice and had flowers and chocolates for me with the sweetest card!

We had a wonderful dinner and I gave Aaron the cards from me and another card from the dogs (I tried to get them to sign it but they had a total spaz out when I put their feet in ink.) I had made him a book to write love letters in. That way we can write them back and forth and keep them in a book to some day give to our kids with our journals. And this funny book! It is pretty hilarious.

Aaron pulled out some cheesecake for dessert and read me a super sweet poem while I ate. He is the best. It was a wonderfully romantic night and dinner and I'm so glad that we finally had a really romantic Valentine's Day.

And the rest of the night is none of your business.

No comments:

Post a Comment