Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fremont, California: The Archuleta Wedding

On the 8th of September, we woke up early for this intense 3 part wedding.

The first part was a ceremony on the beach.

Sept82012 011a

Sept82012 003a

Sept82012 010a

Sept82012 013a
 
The bride's father walked her down to the beach and gave her to Ray.  That is my favorite part of the traditional wedding ceremony.  The dads giving their daughters to another man.  I have some friends who see it as an ownership thing...but I choose to see it as a sign of trust.  The father is saying that he trusts the groom with his most precious and cherished child.

Sept82012 026a

Sept82012 035a

Then what was great about this ceremony was that each other parents were able to speak about their child and about how happy they were for them.  It was a lot of fun to hear Ray's mother talk about the cardboard Hamster Hotel that Ray worked really hard on as a child...I got a good laugh out of that.

Sept82012 041a

Sept82012 069a

Then the couple exchanged some "vows" and gave each other their rings.  It was very sweet.

Sept82012 081a

Then they did this....Awwwwww.......

Sept82012 107a

After the ceremony, Aaron and I got to walk along the beach and talk about life and...have a squirrel watch us make-out.  We were behind some beach plants talking and kissing and Aaron said, "Katrina...don't be scared.  Turn around...very slowly."  There was a squirrel walking toward my legs when I looked down....I ran at him yelling and he FREAKED OUT.

Then we got some brunch to munch on before we headed to phase two of this party.

The second part of this beautiful day, was to head to the Oakland Temple so that they could be married for time and all eternity.

Sept82012 139a

Sept82012 143a

Sept82012 148a

Sept82012 165b

Aaron looks so short in this picture.  Man...we are a little family.  Our kids don't stand a chance.  But he is definitely the cutest guy in this picture (my opinion...the bride might pick someone else out of this line up).

Sept82012 169b

The next part was heading back to the beach to party until sunset!!!  I love beach weddings!  This is the only one that I've ever been to but I loved it.  I got to wear pants...mostly because the wind was ripping the skirt off of my body...which no one wanted to see.  Well...one person, but it wasn't his wedding.

There were a couple art projects to work on at the wedding.  One was a flag to wave when the party was over.  It should say what we would be yelling at the bride and groom as they left.  This is what I wrote...because it was what I would be yelling.

Untitled

Then we had to make a self portrait for the guest book.  This is me.  Mostly mouth.

Untitled

Next...cake....mmmmmmmmmm.......
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Look who wanted some cake....is this the same squirrel from before?!?  Probably.  I think he lives at this picnic spot.

Untitled

Untitled

First dance.

Sept82012 186a

Sept82012 195a

Sept82012 201a

Sept82012 234a

And when the sun started setting, Ray and his wonderful new wife drove off (in the opposite direction of the sunset).  It was a beautiful day and I hope that their marriage is as beautiful.
September272012 002

No comments:

Post a Comment