Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lego Llama

There is a boy in the preschool who is an amazing artist. I love seeing the way his mind works as he is drawing a picture. The other day he drew a picture of his mom sitting on a half moon. It was pretty cool.

Anyway, we try to set out a "center" activity that he can get creative with. I was going to put out white boards but they were in another classroom being used. I was going to put out crayons but the white paper was gone. Finally I settled on Legos. At least with Legos, he could build something creative.

Well, someone was building a horse using the one piece we have for a horse. But this boy wanted to build a horse! He came to me to ask for the horse piece and I told him, "If you want to build a horse, than you are going to have to do it without that piece.

And indeed he did.


I came back to see how he was getting along and he had that little guy! I asked him, "Is this the horse?" And he said, "No. Llama!" And that is exactly what it looks like.

He finally got the horse piece that he wanted (the red arch that are used for legs) and so he built a "mama llama!"

2 comments:

  1. now you totally have to go read llama llama red pajama! like right now woman!!! i love that book, i wonder if that is where he got the idea....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, he LOVES the Llama Llama books!!! Seriously, llama llama red pajama is his favorite thing in the world! This week, we got Llama Llama Mad at Mama and Llama Llama Home With Mama and....let's just say that I've read them all more than a few times for him. He was telling me today in fact that he was going to the library today with his mom to check out those books.

    ReplyDelete