Thursday, September 4, 2014

Fully Planned Baby #2

Since announcing on Facebook that I'm pregnant again, I've gotten a couple requests and questions. The requests were for blog posts about finding out that I was pregnant again and how this pregnancy is going. And the questions were basically the same with an added question of,"was this a 'surprise' pregnancy?"
I thought a nice little blog post would get that all covered.
First of all, these questions make me laugh when I think about them because ...well...we all know how babies are made, right? A bit of a personal topic. But, you know me...I'm a bit of an open book.

I guess after you have a baby, your OB/GYN comes to talk to you about birth control options.
Probably to push certain medications on you. I'm an intelligent person and don't trust doctors at all.  Especially not THAT doctor.  (If you don't know why, I would refer you back to Zach's birth story.)

Because of that, I didn't listen to her when she said, "Oh yeah, the pill messing around with your hormones and confusing your body all over again is totally fine." Instead I decided that non-hormone based birth control was best since i have infertility issues as it is.  I mean, I was on the pill BEFORE getting married to try and straighten out my whole "lady time" things and....it didn't work at all.
I also read that our best bet getting pregnant would be 6-12 months after Zach was born. that way we could coast on the flood of hormones that had been caused by my second miscarriage and following successful pregnancy.

When Zach was 6 months old, Aaron asked if I was ready to start trying again. Ummm....no. Zach was waking up every two hours to hour and a half at night to breastfeed. I needed sleep before being willing to start all over.  He also was a baby that needed a lot of "in arms" time.  I couldn't imagine trying to have another baby while he still needed me so much.

At 11 months old Zach started sleeping all the way to 5 am (MIRACLE). But we were getting ready to move.

The night before Aaron went down to Las Vegas in May we talked about having another baby. We agreed to start trying but not to get infertility treatments till we sold the house and found a place to move in. You see, we weren't very hopeful that I could still get pregnant. Some TMI body stuff was going on that made us think hormones weren't happening for me any more.  We were pretty sure our window of opportunity was already passed.

June 14th I had this dream that I gave birth to this beautiful baby boy that looked like he could be Zach's little brother. I told Aaron about the dream and told him I wanted to take a pregnancy test. He warned me not to get too excited. It had only been 6 weeks since our discussion and he was worried I would be crushed if I wasn't pregnant.  The poor man had gone through 3 years of me getting my hopes up and being disappointed.  He's so sweet and wants to spare me from being broken hearted.

I'd been feeling really tired and slightly nauseous for a couple weeks so I was hoping that pregnancy was the cause.

On the 16th coming home from an outing to the library, I stopped at the store and got a pregnancy test.

You won't believe how excited i was to show it to Aaron. He couldn't believe it. We got lucky in Vegas!

1 comment:

  1. Look at that beautiful *obvious* positive line! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete