Friday, October 5, 2012

The Preschool & The Best Days

I love my job.  I completely love it.  There are some days that are really hard because I feel like I spend most of it telling children to stop doing things or I end up repeating myself over and over again.  But most of the time, it is about playing and watching the kids play and learn to be big people.  It's exciting work.  When kids start being able to talk about their feelings and expressing themselves without screaming and hitting...that makes me feel like the repetition is totally worth it.

Today, I got to build this track...you know...for my job.  My adult job.  The boys told me where they wanted it to go and got me pieces and added to it.  And they put the houses where they wanted.  I told them that houses don't normally go in the middle of the road...but they didn't care.

Untitled

Untitled

See the helmets in the back of this picture?  That was for the "space theme" dramatic play area.  The boys would put on their helmets and say, "OUTER SPACE!  OUTER SPACE!  OUTER SPACE!" the whole time that they were walking around "in space".  I wondered how many astronauts do that.  Float around in space going, "OUTER SPACE!  OUTER SPACE!  OUTER SPACE!"  I bet a lot of them do that.

This is me as an astronaut.  OUTER SPACE!  OUTER SPACE! OUTER SPACE!  This boy next to me is the captain of the ship.  He made me watch what I assume was a training video for space (it was a astronaut calendar that he made me stare at for about 5 minutes).

Untitled

When I'm a mom, I really want to have a sensory table for my children.  It is messy...but the kids love it.  These are counting frogs.  Don't worry...the red one in the back is just leaning back going, "Wow....back off me bro!"

Untitled

Doing this job makes me think that being a mom would be an awesome job.  Hopefully this will be good training....so far, it is just  a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. That's great practice!! I spend much of my day telling my 2 year old to get off my 3 month old or "stop doing this or that" and I am constantly repeating myself so by the time "smalls" is born, you will be a pro!!

    ReplyDelete