Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pine Wood Derby!

Tonight was the pine wood derby!!

Aaron built a car for it but ended up not using it since it only weighted 2.7 ounces (you want to be as close to 5 ounces as you can). I was sad that I didn't get to see him race. But the boys had tons of fun without seeing Aaron's car race. They were too busy with their own cars.

There was such an amazing variety of cars.


They were so awesome! I liked this police car, even if it was a dad's car.
The excitement in the room was INTENSE! I asked Aaron if the level of screaming was normal for a Pine Wood Derby since I couldn't remember ever going to one. He said that it was actually ridiculously loud and between the 3 wards, we had LOADS of boys there.

I kid you not, a gun could have gone off in that room and you wouldn't have been able to hear it. The boys were chanting the names of their fellow den mates and the boys sister's were shrieking at the top of their lungs. And yet, the announcer could always get the next group of boys up without much trouble.

It was a wonderful pack meeting! The best that I think I've ever been to.

No comments:

Post a Comment