Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fresh Mint Tea

When Aaron and I were in Texas, we left our herb garden in the kitchen...alone. Yeah, it was a bad idea but I was out of sorts when we left. We only had mint and chives when we left.

After we got back, the chives were totally fine but the mint was VERY thirsty. I was sad because...what was I going to do with the dried up leaves?

This is the part that is still hydrated.

These are the dried up leaves that I pulled off.
I got this tea ball and I decided to try it out. Shoved it full of the dried up leaves and soaked it in the heated water.
Best tea of my life!!! Now I need to start growing mad amounts of mint so that I can dry some AND keep some for other stuff.

I highly recommend you trying out your own teas. I'm in love with my fresh teas. And...it is PALEO!! Because yeah, I'm still trying that out.

1 comment:

  1. i could have told u, grandma used to tell me that her grandma jensen made mint tea all the time. i love mint tea

    ReplyDelete