Monday, July 20, 2015

Easter Hike 2015

We're trying to make Easter a holiday about Jesus Christ and spring time for my kids. We're shying away from Easter bunnies coming with loads and loads of candy for them to eat and trying to focus more on the beautiful earth that Heavenly Father made for us and the wonderful promises of the Easter season.

In that spirit, last year Aaron and I decided that we wanted an Easter hike to be part of our family tradition.

Last year it was Zach in a stroller being pushed by his tough uncles with Aaron and I walking along.  This year, Zach is on his own power.  Aaron was enjoying his next couple weeks of easy(ier) mobility and I was carrying Sydney.  It was a good little group.

We didn't know what the trail would look like so we were pleasantly surprised by the easiness of this trail.  It was perfect for all of us.

Zach immediately picked up an impressively sized rock.


He was pretty determined to bring it with us.  He's a big fan of rocks.


Sydney slept most of the way...as is her prerogative.


As we walked, we tried to point out different plants and colorful flowers and any little animals to Zach and talk to him about how beautiful the earth is that we have.


I don't know how much really sunk in but he had a really good time.





We only went a short way but it was more than enough for Zach and probably a little more than Aaron should have been doing.  But it's hard to convince Aaron to take a break.  He loves being with his family.


I'll put a little testimony here.  I know that Jesus Christ came down to earth and lived His life as a perfect example for all of us.  He knew that we wouldn't be able to live perfect lives and so He gave His life for us so that we can be with our Heavenly Father and our eternal family when we die.  I'm at a loss for words to describe how thankful I am for that.  How grateful I am for my testimony that if I do my best every day, I can apply for Christ's Atoning sacrifice to make up the difference in what I lack.  I'm grateful to know that I can be with Aaron forever.  My children also have an opportunity to be with us forever.  I love Easter all year round  because I love Christ all year round.


No comments:

Post a Comment