Friday, May 30, 2014

Happy Happy Birthday Zachary Dear!!

Since we're moving away from Utah on May 11th, we didn't really know what we wanted to do about Zach's 1st Birthday.  I knew that I WANTED family and friends to be there to celebrate with us but logistically we didn't know how that was all going to work out.

But after Dee's temple day, our friend Michelle told us that she was planning her son's birthday party on the 24th.  Since it was Memorial Day weekend and we knew that we could have other stuff to do up in Utah, we decided to drive back up, two weeks after leaving.

The party was a last minute "Bubble Bath" theme since at a year old, that was something that I knew Zach loved the most in this world.  We invited friends from all different parts of our lives and we were so excited that so many people came out to celebrate.  I was actually shocked and kind of overwhelmed by the love that people are always pouring out to us.
But let's get to the pictures!!


We got blue balloons to make a "Bubble Bath" area for Zach and other kids to enjoy.  This is a picture of Zach getting warmed up to the idea (and his lack of a good nap).


My friend Rachel, from Thailand, took these photos for me.  She was so sweet to take my camera so that I could be in some pictures.





Oddly enough, we ended up with a BUNCH of baby boys at the party.  Seriously, there were three other people with baby boys and ZERO girl children until my cousins, Eric and Erin showed up with their kids.


This was the Thailand table!!  I've got to give a HUGE shout out to my amazing Thailand family who have been a wonderful part of my life living in Utah.  I wish that I could keep dragging them around the world with me.
And Cameron and Ansley announced at the party that they are going to be parents!!!

CAKE SMASH TIME!!  My friend Janae, from Louisiana, took charge of the camera at this point and got some great photos.  I'm so blessed to have friends who were willing to help out and make the day flow so smoothly.

Cake Smash Time!!!  Zach FOR SURE wanted the toys on the top of the cake but he wasn't quite sure about the cake.  I mean, we have been slow introducing him to food (for good reason) and so super sugary cake was something that has been entirely unheard of to him.








This is my son demonstrating the proper way to eat a cake.










Of course, after he finished covering his body in frosting, he came over to mom for a big ol' hug!  I love my little baby....but I don't love sticky little hands.  But we both had sticky hands so it really didn't matter.

I mean, who couldn't love to get some kisses from this little face!!


And here is dad and Zach!!!  Aaron got the awesome job of cleaning up the sticky bear and getting him ready to unwrap presents.

After clean up, dad got to spend some down time with Zach helping him unwrap his presents. Here's a picture of Zach looking through his books from Grandma and Grandpa Anderson.  If there is one thing that Zach loves besides bathes, it's books.  Besides the books he got tons of fun bath toys that we have been using ever since!  And an awesome Michael's card that I'm going to use to buy some less conventionally fun things for Zach.

I feel so blessed that we were able to have one more party before leaving Utah.  We have SO MANY MANY wonderful friends in Utah who have shared some pretty awesome times with.  I'm filled with gratitude towards everyone who was able to come and celebrate with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment