Monday, April 14, 2014

Home Improvements: Laying Sod

We got sod today!  EARLY today.  They told me that it was going to be delivered at 7:30am and apologized for the early hour.  I told them that it was fine because I have a baby who usually wakes up that early.  Well, they dropped it off at 6:45am.  Yikes!  But at least we could get it laid faster.


It is so weird to watch grass rolled out like carpet.  I found it pretty mind blowing actually.  After staring at my dead lawn for about a year and just a patch of dirt for 6 months, it was pretty crazy to look out the window....


...and see this.  Yup, that's a lawn that you could really enjoy.  We have the laundry poles ripped out, the sprinkler system under ground, and now we have some beautiful grass.


This lawn is my new baby.  I've never watered and babied a patch of grass so much in my life.  What's sad is that we've made the lawn super nice for SOMEONE ELSE.  *sigh* Happy to be moving....but sad to be leaving our house.


No comments:

Post a Comment