Thursday, March 6, 2014

This Week In Motherhood

I don't know what it has been about this week, but I've just been soaking in every moment.  Maybe it is the weather changing and growing warm or maybe it is just the fact that my baby is growing up and sleeping better but I feel fully aware of every wonderful moment that passes.

I wished for so long that my house would become littered with toys.  I would seriously go into other people's houses and see their children's toy chests contents everywhere but the toy chest and wish in my heart that someday, my home would look like that.

Now that Zach is moving around all over the place on his own, my living room looks like this 10 minutes after he is up and out of bed.

0304141525f

I love it.  I honestly love it.  (Please...no one comment on this with the "you just wait till..." comments because I got that the whole time I was trying to conceive and while I was pregnant.  It's ungrateful and ignorant.)

While he is super mobile now, he is still my little cuddle bear.  About every 30 minutes, he wonders over to me and wants to snuggle.  I don't know whether he is testing to make sure that I'll always be there for him or if he just wants a comfy place to take a break from his toys, but I love being there.

This is a picture of us watching "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" (pardon my shirt being all over the place....we had been doing a fair bit of wrestling).

0304141439a

Once Zach is done cuddling, he will start squirming around and I put him back down.  It's a wonderful system for us.

Today, he snuggled up to my chest and actually fell asleep for 20 minutes.  It was a little piece of heaven.

Please excuse the paint on my window from Halloween, in this next photo.  Zach LOVES to look out the window.  I'll put him on the couch and he climbs up back there with the dogs.  I once made the mistake of not opening the curtains wide enough for all interested parties....it got a little bit violent.

0228141433d

And these are just pictures for your enjoyment of my beautiful blue eyed baby.
0304141445

0304141446

Right now, I have the best job in the world.  Being a mom is my life's calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment