Monday, March 17, 2014

Meeting Uncle Daniel!

My brother Daniel had been in the MTC for about 4 days when I found out that I was pregnant.  The weekend before he went into the MTC, we had a big BBQ at my grandparents house and no one knew it (not even Aaron and I) but we had a little Zach growing in my tummy!  My parents were still in town when we were trying to process the news that we got about 10 minutes before they showed up to watch conference with us.

So, needless to say, Daniel was pretty ticked that he was going to have to wait to see his little nephew!  He got home in December of 2013 and had to wait to come to Utah.
He finally got the chance because Markus was getting the Melchizedek Priesthood, which is a really big thing in my religion.  So Zach and I got to pick up Daniel from the airport.  We woke up early so that we could start making him a sign.


Zach is still working on his spelling so this sign had to get scrapped.  Come on ZACH!  Get it together!


Much better little bear!



Since I didn't get to welcome Daniel home when he got off his mission (He went to the Houston airport), I thought that it would be fun to make a sign to take us back in time a little bit.


This was also the first time that Zach has ever gotten to color something.  Normally we don't have the caps off when he is holding a pen because....well....he's a baby.


His first master piece!  Just for Uncle Daniel!


Zach loves going on little field trips and so he LOVED being at the airport and looking around at all of the people.  He has no idea why some random guy was coming up to us and talking so he just sat in his stroller and kept watching people coming down the escalator.

It was crazy for me to see Daniel again.  Mostly because I felt like nothing had changed since the last time I saw him.  He DID NOT feel the same way since I suddenly had a baby boy AND a driver's license.  I think that it was pretty crazy for him to see me driving....and being a mother.

Once we got home, Zach warmed right up to Daniel.  Makes my heart melt.


Uncle's are the best play ground.  That weekend, Zach slept really great at nap times....he was getting tuckered out by all the fun he was having with his Uncles!


I love watching my brothers with my son.  They have been great brothers and now it is only natural that they are awesome uncles.

No comments:

Post a Comment