Monday, January 20, 2014

Public Service Announcement: Back up Your Pictures

Everyone might have their own reason for thinking that pictures are important.  It might be for proof that an event happened.  Proof that they were there.

I want to capture a moment so that I can look at it forever.  Recall in perfection what everything looked like so that I can remember what everything felt like.

I used to wonder why people took so many pictures with their phones.  The quality is horrible in comparison to what a good point and shoot or amazing Digital SLR can take.

Once I had Zach, I totally understood.  I ALWAYS had my phone next to me and I never had time to go and grab a better camera.  Plus, I could show Grandma's and Grandpa's and Uncle's and Aunt's and anyone else who cared to look almost instantly what Zach and I were up to.

I put hundreds and hundreds of pictures on my phone.  And when he started laughing his little 3 month old Zach laugh, I started taking videos.  I put some of the pictures on Flickr.  I couldn't find a way to get the video off of my phone easily so I just enjoyed them from there.

Well....now my phone is dead and all the information has been deleted and lost forever.  And I am totally gutted.  All those videos of my little bear playing and laughing.  Crawling for the first time, are gone.

This is a lesson that I hope to only learn once.

No comments:

Post a Comment