Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Star Wars Halloween!

I wasn't planning on dressing Zach up for Halloween.  I kind of figured that it was his first Halloween and he wouldn't really care if we didn't do anything.

But a couple months before Halloween, I saw a cute idea on Pinterest.  It was a bear costume plus a brown shirt around the neck and VOILA Ewok!  Hahaha, perfect!  What could be better for our families first Halloween than a Star Wars theme.

So I thought about it and decided to do it.  I bought Zach a bear costume early in the month and as the date got closer to Halloween, I got excited and took the costume out of the bag only to discover that....it was missing half of the costume.  Boo!

I took the costume back to where I got it, got a full refund but...no costume.  All infant costumes in all the stores were gone (except for strawberries and some watermelons).  I was SUPER bummed!

While we were hunting for costumes, a friend suggested that we try Carter's.  I'd never been but decided to check it out.  They didn't have any costumes left but they were having a 50% off the whole store sale.  So I came back the next day to look for winter clothes for Zach.  And searching through coats I found a fuzzy full body coat that had a hood...WITH BEAR EARS!!  Jackpot.  But...it was the day of the ward Halloween party....and I scrambled to make myself the costume that I had envisioned and I couldn't find a brown shirt for Zach so I used felt...and Aaron didn't get a costume.

October312013 091

So the night wasn't 100% perfect but Zach looks so incredibly cute that every time I look at pictures I WANT TO DIE!!!

I'm not the only one who thinks that either.  I'm his mom, I have to think that...but I'm not alone.  I put up a photo of him at the Halloween party using my phone FOR THE GRANDPARENTS.  I had grandparents who were asking me for photos so I took one really fast to put online.

66 people "liked" the picture of him as an ewok.  Some of the people, were people who I hadn't spoken to since high school.  For scale, 94 people "liked" my birth announcement.  A week ago my status on Facebook got 9 "likes" about me losing my marbles.

November32013 006

November32013 007

November32013 030

November32013 044

November32013 050

November32013 051

Isn't the the cutest sad face you have ever seen!!!  I want to kiss his face a million times when he gets a little sad face on.
November32013 192

Then he decided to munch on some toes.  So...his night improved?  Apparently in his world it did.
November32013 214

I kind of want to do Star Wars again next year because don't you think it will be even cuter with him walking around next year?!?!?!  We will all BLOW UP from cuteness overload!!

No comments:

Post a Comment