Monday, September 23, 2013

Harvest Update

And this year was the lamest year of all!
Every year I try to write an update about how our garden did and every year it always does lamer than expected.  So in that regard....we did GREAT this year!  Hahahaha, there were ZERO expectations!  Aaron and I knew that the whole backyard was going to be a disaster.  With the weed problems we were having and knowing that I was going to be at work all during planting season and pregnant/postpartum during weeding and tending season...we figured that it would be best to not do anything.

Untitled
\
But the fence that we share with Lou made it so that without any effort on our part, we got bushels of green grapes and raspberries grow no matter what!

The green grapes have seeds and so most years they just fall off and rot.  But this year, a woman at church showed me how to turn them into my own juice!!!  So I made a couple gallons of grape juice for Aaron and I to enjoy.  With the steam juicer that she loaned me, it was the easiest thing in the world!!  I can't wait to do it again next year!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment