Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Aaron's First Father's Day

How was Aaron's first Father's Day?

....probably kind of lame.  At least, that is how I would describe it.

Father's Day was on the 16th and on the 17th, I was going to have my surgery.  I was on all manner of pain killers so that I didn't have to suffer another attack.

I spent the night getting up with little man and so Aaron took him when he woke up in the morning.  I woke up Father's Day morning and found this.

Untitled

Precious.  Then when Zach woke up hungry, I fed him and Aaron went and made us breakfast...and then brought it to me in bed.

Yeah...that's right.  I got breakfast in bed on Father's Day.  Aaron's pretty great like that.

I forgot to take my medication....or rather, I was asleep when I could have taken another dose.  By the time I remembered, I was having a gall bladder attack and so we didn't end up going to church.  Aaron had been released as a Primary teacher the week before and so he wasn't needed so we all stayed home.  I mean, Aaron HAD to because I couldn't move while having my attack and Zach isn't super understanding of that.

But Aaron did end up getting a card and candy from me.  Zach totally one upped me and got Aaron a Soda Can Robot kit.  That little sneak.  So it wasn't too bad for Aaron, I guess.

Then he got to drive to the airport to pick up his mother-in-law.

Happy Father's Day Aaron!!  May they only continue to improve!  But he proved one thing, he DESERVES to be celebrated as a dad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment