Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Rest of July:

Proof That My Life This Summer Was Crazy Busy

When we last left our heroes (aka Aaron and I) we had finished Cub Scout Day Camp and had an amazing time!  We had gone to see the new Batman movie with my college family and I was angry that Blogger decided to charge me for picture space all of a sudden.

On the 23rd of July, I got my check for my work in Moab!!!  Walt Disney Film Services!  I'm going to get a W-2 from Walt Disney!!  I have proof that I worked for them!
July232012 003

This is my first food picture with my phone! See, I'm turning into a technology user so quickly!  I took this on the 24th at the Church Pioneer Parade Breakfast!
July262012 002

This is one of my favorite girls from one of my favorite families in our ward!  Instead of going to the parade, I went over to her house to hang out for the day.  It was raining so we figured that the Parade wasn't going to be that amazing.
Untitled
The next day was our July Pack Meeting. We didn't think that that many boys would show up and so we went on a quick nature hike (with nature Bingo!) and ended at a park with ice chests full of water balloons!

Aaron helping one of the scouts with his Bingo.
July262012 004

This is my little hiking buddy!  Her mom was moving water balloons and she wanted to be with her brothers and sisters so I kept an eye on her....her little legs could only go so fast.
Untitled

July262012 008

My first picture of a flower with my cell phone!! The learning curve is incredible!
July262012 009

Now the bloodbath!  Water balloons everywhere!!  It was a crazy amount of fun!
July262012 011
At one point I was running toward one of our scouts screaming LEROY JENKINS!!!!  And I threw a water balloon at him and for whatever reason it knocked him down and his 5 year old sister threw one and nailed him too.  It was a great triumph for both of us.
July262012 014

This is the kid that we attacked. He had an entire chest of water balloons to himself....and you know that's not cool.

Aaron was standing a safe distance back trying not to get wet so he had the camera.  But you can see me in actions here!
July262012 016

I am wearing a white shirt (to keep cool on the hike) but I wore a black bathing suit underneath...don't worry...I wasn't going for a creepy white t-shirt contest thing at scouts.
July262012 019

This is a picture of our one causulity. In water balloon and snow ball fights, someone had to get pegged in the ear.
July262012 025

The next day, is Thursday. It was the evening and I remember that the Primary Activity is going to be the next day. And I think to myself, "I should call the Primary President (I said her name in my head....or else I'm weirdly formal in my mind) to see if she needs any help getting stuff ready." 

I call her and she says, "Wow...I just prayed you to me." Apparently she was thinking about waking up at 6am the next morning to blow up water balloons for the activity. Good thing I'm so spiritually in tune! :p 

Aaron and I get the balloons and start working.  This was a picture we took to ask what size she wanted the water balloons. The first picture I won't show you since it was me holding them up to my chest and it said, "Which one do you like?"  Apparently she laughed and laughed.
Untitled

Since the Primary activity was one a Friday, Aaron couldn't make it so I was working a booth alone. :( I love our callings together so it was a bummer not having him around. Since I was at a booth, not a whole lot of pictures of the day.
July312012 001

July312012 003

My booth was quiz questions about the Gospel and the kids got a sucker at the end. It was fun listening to the answers to the questions and seeing how much is being absorb at home and at church.
Untitled

And of course, at the end of the day, refreshments!!
July312012 006

For those of you keeping track, this post hasn't even covered a week yet. This was my Monday through Friday....oh wait, Friday isn't over. A family in our ward that was at the Primary activity needed a baby sitter so that they could head to the temple that night. So Aaron and I got 4 kids for the evening!
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

It was nice to spend an evening with kids. The poor little girl though got so tired but still so excited about how much was going on that she couldn't fall asleep. I felt so bad for her. She was so sad but she wanted to have fun. Finally she fell asleep. Aaron had so much fun with the boys. Watching movies, playing video games, and playing outside with the badminton net that was still up. He is so great with kids. I love seeing him being so parental.

 The next day we are going to visit is SATURDAY! Yup, still not done with this week.

 Aaron wanted a calmer day and so he drove me to Salt Lake so that I could catch a ride to Mapleton, UT to go to a bridal shower for one of the girls I knew in Thailand.

I LOVE weddings for my Thailand family because they always mean Thailand family reunions!!
July312012 011

We got to play fun games and visit and eat tons of yummy food!
Untitled

Then that was the end of my week, right?

 NOOOOO!!! 

 I got a ride up to Provo so that I could go to my sister-in-laws birthday party to Tucanoes!
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This party was so crazy that I ended up in the back of the truck...or maybe it was because of the lack of seats in the car available.

Untitled
   
Then Clarise and Geoff gave me a ride back up to Salt Lake City to meet up with Aaron to go home and prepare our Primary lesson for Sunday.

Oh, and that was a week in the life of the Reinert's summer.

Sorry I didn't have time to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment