Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Texas: After Graduation

After graduation, we stayed up till 4 in the morning.  No joke.  We watched some movies very loosely while talking and catching glimpses of other shows.  So at 4 am, I went to bed and knew that I could sleep in as long as I wanted the next day.

At 9:30am, I heard my brothers talking right outside the bedroom.  I heard their voices and though, "Oh man....how late did I sleep in?"  Yeah....9:30am and they were up to go work out.  I'm too old for that crap.  I can't stay up till 4am and wake up to WORK OUT at 9:30am.  I probably got another hour of sleep before I had to pee so bad that I had to get up.  So yeah....about 6 hours of sleep.

Daniel and I decided to go to the beach!!!  He hadn't been to the beach for almost a year and wanted to get out there.  I had only been to one beach in the Gulf of Mexico and it looked like trash....so I wanted to see what these kids were swimming in all summer.

It took us 2 and half hours to get to Galveston beach.  Daniel's friend, Allen, shot this pictures a couple days earlier since he is working at the coast right now.

Photo Credit: Allen Vo
Yeah, it's a space ship.  Not THE space ship "Enterprise" that NASA Space Center wanted (Oh gosh....so much drama about that!  You can read about it here.) This is a replica but the traffic jam it caused getting to the Space Center was insane!  I think that they should have moved it at night but they didn't and it totally messed up traffic AND I didn't get to see it.  Lame!!!

But I had a icee!! Please enjoy this HORRIBLE photo of myself.  I was trying to show how weird it is that the top of the icee is blue but I had red coming out.  But this just looks like I have a red straw.

This is just of the icee to show the awesome-ness.  Wow....I suddenly realized that I'm very easily amused.

Anyway, we got to the beach!!!  It is insane to me that I haven't had my feet in the ocean since we went to California with my family a year ago!

Since there were only two of us and we had stuff, we took turns hopping in the water.  Daniel is one of those heads out there.

Daniel would dive under the water and then pop up and I would try to take a picture so I had no idea where he was going to pop up in the frame.  This was the best one.

While he was out there, I started taking pictures of the birds and the scenery since that is what I do...even if I just have a point and shoot.

As I was taking pictures of the birds around me, something hard hit my shoulder and bounced off.  I look down and see this NONSENSE!!!!!

Yeah, that's a chicken bone.  I looked around and there was NO ONE near me.  I was trying to figure out who could have dropped this one me when I look up and see all of these birds flying over me.  Then they dived down next to me to grab the bone.

I tried to scare them away because I wanted to show Daniel what happened!  I mean, who would believe me that a bird threw a chicken bone at me!

Anyway, then we went to the pier.  I like this picture of me because I look skinny.  It is the only picture all day that I look that slim so I'm totally going to make it HUGE so you can all admire me!  I've lost 15lbs since last time I was at a beach.

This is a picture to prove that Daniel and I were there together!

Look at that nerd!  Where is he from that he throws up a thumbs up in all his pictures?

YOLO!!!  We found this in the sand and it was funny because in one of the graduation speeches someone quoted "The Memorable Drake".

My turn in the water!!!  See?  I'm back to looking chunky.  Black is not slimming on me.  The water felt wonderful after walking around in the sun.

My favorite bird and I!  Seriously, these birds were EVERYWHERE and they were not scared of people at all.  I like it when animals have a healthy respect for humans.

Street art?  Yeah....we are going to go with street art.  I wish that I had had the time for some travel photography of this area.  It was a pretty interesting area.  Hurricane ripped but....still bustling.

Then I got a Sno Cone!!!  One reason why I LOVE being an adult!  If I want a cup of sugar and ice, I don't have to ask anyone for permission to get it!  It also came with that free lei!!  I felt like I was a little kid at a carnival!

A final shot of the beach.  We had to hurry back so that we could go to Markus' graduation dinner!

It was another 2 hours getting back to the house but we listened to music and talked.

We went to Texas Roadhouse for Markus' celebration dinner.  It wasn't a crawfish boil like the rest of us got but I guess it was still good.

I only got one picture.  And it isn't even of Markus.  It is Markus' friend while we were waiting to be seated, he went to sit on the birthday saddle.  Weird teenagers.  I was never this weird. ;)

I went to bed at 1am....you know, since there was church the next morning.  In my defense, I was talking to my loving husband.

My mom came in the room at 7:30am to tell me to get in the shower.  I asked her what time it was and she said 7:30am and I think that my exact words were, "Oh no.  That is not happening."  I got up at 8:20 and I still got to church on time.

It is so weird not teaching Primary.  Not necessarily bad but just weird.  That's the schedule of events that I'm use to and I like singing time.  Seriously, singing time and sharing time are awesome and so I missed that while I was in Relief Society.  But it was cool being in a class for grown-ups.

After church, NAPS!!!  Yes....I was so tired and I really needed to catch up on my sleep.  It was sad not having my favorite nap time snuggle buddies with me.  Namely Aaron (the most important of all snuggle buddies), Pippen, and Bambi.  I had a giant stuffed teddy bear but it just wasn't the same.  Still a good nap though.

We all slept for three hours!!!  Insanity!  I guess that we had all had a pretty long week/end.

When we finally got up from our naps there was a party for a kid on Markus' basketball team.  The food was pretty awesome.  I love me some country BBQ.  There was dancing and not to be racist, but I felt a little too intimidated to dance.  Besides my family, there was only 2 other white people and they weren't dancing either.  We just enjoyed watching this kid's family moving on the dance floor.  They were a really fun family and they seem to really like my parents, which isn't a huge surprise to me.

At home, I finally got to take some pictures of my dad.  I'm doing some work on my photography this summer and one of the exercises that I had to complete was making a meaningful portrait of someone you love and/or admire.

This one is of my dad's hands.  I love it because he has done so much good work for his family and people in his sphere of influence with his hands.  And they have blessed every one of his children many many times with those hands on our heads.

My dad has traveled all of over the world and collected so many things in his life.  But the most important things  he has acquired have been his children.

I'm so glad that I had such a good example of what a man should be in my life.  I know that his example is what lead me to Aaron.  My dad is such a great man and I'm so proud to be his daughter.
I hope that you enjoyed what you saw.

That was pretty much the end of my trip.  More visiting with family up until the moment that I got dropped off at the airport.  It was an awesome trip and it was great being able to spend time with my family and to celebrate Markus and all he has accomplished.  I can't wait to see them all again when they go on summer vacation to Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment