Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hundred Acre Woods: UPDATED

Three years ago we painted the nursery green.  We knew that eventually the room was going to be the nursery but we didn't know when that was going to happen.  We thought that green was a good neutral color so that we could have a boy or a girl and avoid the need to repaint the room when I finally got pregnant.

My theme for the room was originally "Winnie-the-Pooh" but I didn't want the room to turn into a Disney store so I changed it to "The Hundred Acre Woods".

We got a carpet from IKEA that fit the theme since it was made to look like a forest floor with a little river, animal tracks and tree stumps.

I wanted the walls to match and now that work is over, I've started to work on making that happen.

First, I painted the tree and branches.
Untitled

You can see a bit of the IKEA rug in this picture.  It is seriously, so darling.
Untitled

Then I started painting the leaves for the tree.  As you can tell, I'm not really going for realism but more of a cartoon feel.  This was with only one coat of the green paint.
Untitled


Untitled

Then I added individual leaves in a lighter shade of green.
Untitled

I used a stamp for the leaves...but with the textured walls that we have, most of the leaves didn't come out looking too crisp and so I'm not sure that I'm loving it.
Untitled

I still have one and a half trees to finish up but so far, I'm pretty happy with how my little sanctuary for my baby boy is turning out.  I'll try and keep you updated with more pictures as I get stuff done.

Update:  I finished my bees and "hunny" pot to put on the shelf above his crib.  He might not be able to see it from down there, but let's face it.  This room is more for me than anyone else.
Untitled

1 comment:

  1. How cute is this!!! I kind of like the leaves not looking so crisp, but I know it can be frustrating when you expect a certain result and it comes out different. Love the bees and honey pot. Your adorable baby's gonna have such an adorable room to sleep and play in!

    ReplyDelete